On January 24, Difference Makers met Karin Corea, who works for Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless. As a job, she is providing 60 homes for 60 homeless people in the Montgomery County area.
Difference Makers worked on the following:
- Room Cleaning
- Chromebook Cleaning
- Green Team
- Poster Making
- Teacher Help
- Books and Basketball
- Flower Making
- We encourage you to passion projects! If you have an idea for a project that you would like to do in Difference Makers, please fill out this form
- Please turn in convention forms ASAP. We only have a few spaces left!
- If you would like to become an officer for Difference Makers next year, you are required to make a speech at Convention! Please start thinking about your speech, and if you have any questions, please ask one of the presidents or officers, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- We are looking for people to draw us this year’s logo! This logo will be on T-Shirts, water bottles, and others, and we would like you to include our theme of Compassion to Action. This is due on Wednesday, February 14. Please get it done soon!
- Grab an orange bag from Mr. Goehring in room 210 to start collecting canned food and other non-perishables for our food pantry!
- Difference Makers is partnering with Ricky Reeves to collecting new or slightly used baseball equipment. Click here for a list of items that we are looking for.
- We are looking for houseware to be placed in 60 houses for 60 homeless people. Don’t hesitate to donate!
April 8 – Special Olympics basketball tournament will take place on April 8. To sign up, click here.
Fridays – Help organize our food pantry on Fridays! Sign up here.
“I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou