On January 10 and 11, Difference Makers members and students did the following:
- Room Cleaning
- Green Team
- Pinata Making
- Poster Making
- Teacher Help
- We encourage you to passion projects! If you have an idea for a project that you would like to do in Difference Makers, please fill out this form
- Please turn in convention forms ASAP. We will be giving out the leftover spaces to Project Change
- The annual Polar Bear Plunge is happening soon! To sign up or donate, click here. Our goal is to earn more than $11,000 worth of donations to support Special Olympics Maryland and to have 50 members in the team! Your donations and participation are greatly appreciated!
- If you would like to become an officer for Difference Makers next year, you are required to make a speech at Convention! Please start thinking about your speech, and if you have any questions, please ask one of the officers or email us at email@example.com!
- We are looking for people to draw us this year’s logo! This logo will be on T-Shirts, water bottles, and others, and we would like you to include our theme of Compassion to Action. This is due on Friday, January 26, so please get it done soon!
- Difference Makers has recently started a food pantry. Please donate to keep our pantry full!
- Difference Makers is partnering with Ricky Reeves to collecting new or slightly used baseball equipment. Click here for a list of items that we are looking for.
January 15 – Difference Makers is volunteering at Takoma Park Middle School for MLK Day. Join us from 3:00 to 6:00 pm for a day filled with volunteering activities! Click here to get more information or sign up.
April 8 – Special Olympics basketball tournament will take place on April 8. To sign up, click here.
Fridays – Help organize our food pantry on Fridays! Sign up here.
“The time is always right to do what is right” — Martin Luther King Jr.