On February 21, students were visited by Heather Foley, Director of Silver Spring Cares. Silver Spring Cares has been a wonderful partner to us and their Casseroles for a Cause has donated 100 casseroles to our Kokua Foods families this year.
Difference Makers hosted six meeting from February 7-22, throughout these three weeks, Difference Makers worked on the following:
- Room Cleaning
- Chromebook Cleaning
- Green Team
- Poster Making
- Teacher Help
- Books and Basketball
- Flower Making
- We encourage you to passion projects! If you have an idea for a project that you would like to do in Difference Makers, please fill out this form
- Please turn in convention forms ASAP. We only have a few spaces left!
- If you would like to become an officer for Difference Makers next year, you are required to make a speech at Convention! Please start thinking about your speech, and if you have any questions, please ask one of the presidents or officers, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Grab an orange bag from Mr. Goehring in room 210 to start collecting canned food and other non-perishables for our food pantry!
- We are looking for houseware to be placed in 60 houses for 60 homeless people. Please give all donations to the main office!
April 8 – Special Olympics basketball tournament will take place on April 8. To sign up, click here.
Fridays – Help organize our food pantry on Fridays! Sign up here.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud” — Maya Angelou