In the past weeks, Difference Makers hosted six general meetings. Throughout the weeks we have done the following:
- Room Cleaning
- Green Team
- Flower Making
- Pinata Making
- Poster Making
- Difference Makers’ project, Kokua Foods, has started a food pantry at TPMS! This will be used to provide food insecure TPMS families with canned foods. See Mr. Goehring in room 210 to donate.
- We encourage you to passion projects! If you have an idea of a project that you would like to do in Difference Makers, please fill out this form
- Convention Forms are no longer being accepted!
- The annual Polar Bear Plunge is happening soon! To sign up or donate, click here. Our goal is to earn more than $10,000 worth of donations to support Special Olympics Maryland and to have 50 members in the team! Your donations and participation are greatly appreciated!
- Holiday Grams have ended on Wednesday, December 13
December 16 – Takoma Park Middle School is hosting Winterfest an arts and crafts show! If you want to perform or sell crafts at this event, please email Lana Anderson at email@example.com
December 8 – December 23 – Difference Makers will volunteer at Barnes & Noble to wrap presents. Sign up here
Winter – It is getting close to the time when snow starts to fall! On snow days, Difference Makers volunteer to shovel snow for the elderly and disabled. If you want to sign up, please talk to Mr. Goehring.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched – they must be felt within the heart” — Helen Keller