On November 1 and 2, Difference Makers hosted the general meetings for the week. This week we have done the following:
- Room Cleaning
- Green Team
- Flower Making
- Pinata Making
- Equipment Cleaning
- Bag Filling
- Difference Makers’ project, Kokua Foods, has started a food pantry at TPMS! This will be used to provide food insecure TPMS families with canned foods. See Mr. Goehring in room 210 to donate.
- We encourage you to passion projects! If you have an idea of a project that you would like to do in Difference Makers, please fill out this form
- Convention Forms are out! Time is running out to secure a spot at this annual event! Be sure to fill out a form and turn it into Mr. Goehring as soon as possible!
- The annual Polar Bear Plunge is happening soon! To sign up or donate, click here. Our goal is to earn more than $10,000 worth of donations to support Special Olympics Maryland and to have 50 members in the team! Your donations and participation are greatly appreciated!
- Do you have extra candy from Halloween? Difference Makers is collecting candy for Extraordinary Birthdays, an organization that provides birthday parties for homeless children. Please give the candy to Mr. Goehring in room 210.
- The end of the quarter is approaching! Be sure to get your prefilled SSL forms from outside of Mr. Goehring’s room (210)! An email will be sent out with meeting attendance on it. Thanks for a great first quarter together!
November 12 – Click here to sign up for Special Olympics Bowling at Bowl America Gaithersburg.
November 16 – Click here to sign up for International Night.
December 16 – Takoma Park Middle School is hosting Winterfest an arts and crafts show! If you want to perform or sell crafts at this event, please email Lana Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week’s inspirational video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovj5dzMxzmc
“Out of difficulties grow miracles — Jean de la Bruyere